Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative Promotes 10 COVID-19 Vaccine Tips
The Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative is promoting COVID-19 vaccines across the Southwestern Pennsylvania region with ten important messages:
COVID-19 Vaccine Top Ten Tips
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
- Register for a vaccine when it is your turn. For more information, visit www.pa.gov/guides/get-vaccinated/.
- Seniors and adults with disabilities can contact PA Link for help: call 1-800-753-8827
- The COVID-19 vaccine is free for you.
- Only share personal, insurance, and financial information with those you trust.
- You may need to show proof of age or eligibility.
- You may have some side effects, which are normal signs that your body is building protection.
- Complete the full vaccine course your provider recommends for the best protection.
- Continue to wear a mask and keep physical distance in public, for now.
- Share this with a neighbor or friend!
These messages are part of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Contact Tracing Consortium's campaign to reach Pennsylvanians eligible for the vaccine.
The Southwestern PA COVID-19 Contact Tracing Consortium was launched by the Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative (PRHI) and the Jewish Healthcare Foundation (JHF) in May 2020 as the first regional consortium to support contact tracing in the Commonwealth, in collaboration with the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Allegheny County Health Department. The consortium is made up of over 100 members, which include community-based organizations, health organizations, counties, and social service agencies, among others. The consortium is managed by PRHI and JHF and is possible due to the support from the Henry L. Hillman Foundation. Most recently, the consortium's work has shifted to support promotion of COVID-19 vaccines in the SWPA region.