Effective Date: July 18, 2018
- Information We Collect on Our Own Behalf.
(a) Our Service: When you access the Sites or use Services, we may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) about you, such as your full name and email address, when you register for an account. If you visit our websites, we may receive certain information about you as described below. You may provide us with PII in various ways on the Sites. For example, when you register or provide information for an account, use the service, post data, interact with other users of the service through communication or messaging capabilities, or send us customer service related requests.
(c) Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including PII, from third parties, staff and sources other than the Sites. If we combine or associate information from other sources with PII that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as PII in accordance with this Policy.
- How We Use Your Information.
(a) We use the information that we collect to operate and maintain our Sites and to respond to your questions and concerns.
(b) If you have given your consent, we use the information that we collect to send you our promotional information including event invitations.
(c) We use the information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our visitors and users, to improve the Sites, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. Should these purposes require us to process PII, then the data will only be used in anonymized or aggregated form.
(d) We may send you promotional emails, including invitations to events that we believe you may be interested in. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt out of them by using an unsubscribe function in the email.
(e) We use automatically collected information and other information collected on the Sites through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalize our communications, such as remembering a user’s or visitor’s information so that the user or visitor will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits; (ii) provide customized content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of programs (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your access to content, submissions, subscriptions and status in any promotions or other activities on the Site. You can obtain more information about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We take measures to protect the technical information collected by our use of Google Analytics. We will only use the data collected on a need to know basis to resolve technical issues, administer the Site and identify visitor preferences; but in this case, the data will be in non-identifiable form. We do not use any of this information to identify visitors or users.
- How We Share Your Information.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not intentionally disclose the PII that we collect or store without the consent of the applicable visitor or user. We may disclose information to other JHF Affiliates or, third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in certain circumstances more fully described below.
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: We will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of JHF and Affiliates (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our Sites, such as posting comments on a blog page, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our Sites, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Sites, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
(b) Instances Where We Are Required To Share Your Information: We may disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Data or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of JHF and Affiliates and any facilities or equipment used by us, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
(c) Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a Public Area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to any Visitor or User who has access to that content.
(d) We work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process PII as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information
- Storage and Processing. Your information collected through the Sites is stored and processed in the United States.
- How We Protect Your Information. We are concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter sensitive information (such as log in credentials) on our registration forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Compromise of Personal Information. In the event that personal information is compromised by a breach of security, we will promptly notify our subscribers in compliance with applicable law.
- Your Choices About Your Information.
(a) Access, Correction, Deletion - We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the PII that you may have provided through your use of the Sites. If you wish to access or amend any other PII we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from other sources, you may contact us as set forth email@example.com. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
You may decline to share certain PII with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Sites.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your PII, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities
(b) Navigation Information - You may opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to the Site by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out feature.
(c) Opting out from Commercial Communications - If you receive promotional emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Sites.
- Enforcement and Dispute Resolution. We are committed to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. EU Subjects with questions or concerns about the use of their Personal Data should contact us at: email@example.com. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by us, EU Individuals and Data Subjects should go to http://bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/for more information or to file a complaint.
- Our Retention Of Your Information. If you have an account with us, we will not delete your information unless you instruct us to do so. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notification Procedures. It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for promotional or other business related purposes, to you via email, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on the Sites, as we determine in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.