The Jewish Healthcare Foundation (JHF) was established in 1990 with proceeds from the sale of Montefiore Hospital, a healthcare institution financed and founded by Pittsburgh's Jewish community. The hospital opened in 1908 to meet the healthcare needs of a Jewish population that was both expanding and underserved at the time. It became a respected teaching institution, pioneering advancements in medicine and public health benefiting the total community, and providing medical care in a compassionate environment and with an understanding of Jewish people and their needs. Renamed Montefiore University Hospital, the institution is today part of UPMC.
- Download the Jewish Healthcare Foundation Heritage Report